Saturday, March 04, 2006

Not Enough Yarn...

I am 4 balls short of having enough yarn to finish my Cable sweater. The front and back are finished, but I don't have enough for the sleeves. I checked eBay with no luck. I went to every craft store in my area and nothing. I even logged on to the Lionbrand website and I couldn't find it, I think it has been discontinued. So now what?!?!?! I was thinking of turning it into vest...now the question is, do I leave it as a pullover "V' neck or frog the front and and make the cardigan version? I think maybe the cardigan version. I think a pullover vest would add to my "fluffiness". What do you think? Should I frog or not? I was also thinking of adding a hood. I think I might have enough for one if I frog a couple inches off the body and I have two balls left over that where going toward the sleeves.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ashley said...

I'd hold off a few days and keep searching. You might be surprised. Hopefully the extra yarn will show up somewhere, and if not, I say frog a little off and try to make it work. If you don't like it you could always frog the whole thing and make something else.

2:39 PM  
Anonymous Carol M said...

Is your sweater still on the needles? Which Lion Brand yarn are you looking for? What color? Lot numbers? I live outside Columbus, OH and would be happy to check my local craft stores for you. I wanted to send you an email but couldn't find it listed on your blog.

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home



---------------------------


Autoimmune Pages


Sjogren's Syndrom

Krissy's R.A.Page



Arthritis Foundation

American Autoimmune
---------------------------


Blogs I Enjoy







Bean Knit-Daily Insanity
Cheap Knitter
Curlie Girl
Fluffy Knitter Deb
Heathers Hobby Blog
Jon's Knit Blog
knitche
Knitting Notes
Knit Witch
My Favorite Things
My Knittin World
The Needles Excellency
Sheep Shots
Steph Sits and Knits
String-or-Nothing
Teyla's Reality
Yarn Harlot
Yarn Junkie's Blog
Wanda Woman
Yarn Path
You Knit What


<< | Join | List | >>


Stitch&Bitch

Einstein Coat Support

Who links to me?